Picky eater

I was discussing with my friend earlier today about not liking German chocolate and she made the observation that I'm very picky. So I decided to make a list of things I like to eat and things I do not like to eat for your reference in case you ever have me over for dinner.

Things I enjoy:
  • Steak (medium rare, please) with sauteed mushrooms on top
  • Pizza (half pepperoni and half Hawaiian with ranch and parmesan)
  • Cheesecake (pure, plain, unadultered cheesecake with some fresh strawberries)
  • Cranberry lemonade
  • Chocolate chip cookie dough
  • Stouffer's Frozen Lasagna
  • Ground beef, salted
  • Grilled salmon
  • BJ's Pazookie
  • Black Angus' bread
  • Ruffles or Fritos with sour cream
  • Pickles (the plain dill whole pickles - and yes, my husband and I laugh everytime when I say "Dill whole?" in the grocery aisle)
  • Cheddar Cheese and a flour tortilla. NOT a quesadilla because I like the cheese cold.
  • Sushi (except eel)
  • Crepes with sour cream and steak sauce. Trust me on this.

Things I do not enjoy:
  • coconuts
  • any drink that I have to chew
  • lima beans
  • anything with curry seasoning
  • sweet pickles
  • plain yogurt
  • blueberries
  • cereal
  • any kind of muffin except chocolate
  • pancakes
  • cayenne shrimp
  • pork
Okay so it might look like I'm a little bit picky but I just know the exact way that I like to eat things and how they will taste good to me. Yes, if I have pizza, I prefer to have ranch globbed all over it but it's not like I'm going to refuse pizza if there's no ranch (although I will be extremely sad). And if someone forced a gun in my face and said "Eat this plain yogurt!" I'd say "No!" and then I'd be in heaven so basically you can't ever get me to eat food I don't like.

Also, in retrospect, I realize that my list of things I enjoy is strange but think about the things you truly enjoy eating and I bet it's not like "creme brulee" and "fancy schmancy stuff". (Creme brulee was the only fancy food I could think of...)

Popular Posts