Buffalo Chicken Wraps

Once upon a time there was a restaurant called Great Wraps. It was a little hole in the wall place down the street from my high school. When my little sis was a senior in high school and I was a sophomore in college, I would come home every weekend and we'd usually go to Great Wraps. They made the BEST buffalo chicken wraps and seasoned fries.

Then one day it was gone.

Just like that.

We cried. I think. We went on the website to find the next closest one. It was in Century City (like 30 minutes away). Turns out that one had closed down too. We desperately emailed the website requesting that they open a new one in the LA area right away but I have yet to ever find a Great Wraps or anything like it again.

So in an effort to keep our meals fun and new, I decided to try to make them last night. And...

I totally did! They were SOOOOO delicious. Just as I remembered. Now if I only had an industrial size fryer, I could try recreating the seasoned fries and then my life would be complete.

Recipe
1/4 cup oil
3 tbs. butter
3 tbs. Frank's Red Hot Original Sauce
6 chicken legs
4 pieces of pita bread (looks like a really thick flour tortilla)
Monterey Jack Cheese
Bleu (or blue?) Cheese Dressing
Shredded lettuce

Heat the oil in a skillet. CAREFULLY place the chicken in it and fry until golden brown. Remove to a plate and pull the chicken from the bones. Sometimes in my instructions, I wonder if I need to include things like "discard the chicken bones" even though it seems like common sense... In a smaller pan (or rinse out the skillet you just used, like I did) heat the butter. Add the sauce and stir until combined. Add the chicken and toss until coated.

Heat the tortilla/wrap/thingy on a skillet with the cheese. Add the chicken and let it sit until the cheese is melted. Remove from the skillet and add dressing and shredded lettuce and enjoy! But have some paper towels handy because this is MESSY.




Popular Posts