Paint, granite and carpet. Oh my!

In anticipation of having to start work on this house as soon as we get the keys (which could be Thursday or Friday - eek!!!), I have been busy comparing swatches of paint, laminate floors, granite counters and carpet.

Oh. My. Bleeding. Eyes.

It is so tedious. There is no perfect color and after awhile, everything starts to look the same. I finally decided on the other details but the paint is really proving to be the hardest thing! I think I've narrowed it down to 3 so we're going to get some samples and test them in the house first thing when we get the keys.

Essentially this home makeover is going to be quite satisfying for you impatient people (like me). Technically we're hiring contractors but does it really count if my husband is a contractor for a living? I would be helping but he hardly lets me do the dishes and vacuum, let alone lift heavy things or tear out tile. I suppose growing a baby is hard work but I still feel like the same person who can do stuff like that so it's weird for him to freak out when I stand on a chair to reach something on a top shelf.

I'll keep you posted and share pics as soon as we are able to. In the meantime, we are praising the Lord that He has been so good to us!

Popular Posts