Tha Batcave - An update!

Well, we survived the move. I think. We spent the next week working on the rental to get it ready for the next tenants. I decided it'd be a good time to share some pictures of the house after all the renovations... 18 months later. And sorry these are all from different angles and from my phone and some were taken at night but hopefully you get the idea...

You can see more of the pictures when we first got the house here a progress post here.

Kitchen before:







Kitchen after:





Hallway closet before:



Hallway closet after: 




Living room before:





Living room after:





Bathroom before:


Bathroom after:


Bedrooms before:

Nursery:



Guest room/Office:



Master bedroom:


 
Bedrooms after: (sorry I only managed to snap one of the master bedroom and the guest closet, but they all pretty much looked the same)



I was so sad to leave this house because it was our first "home" after living in an apartment complex for 2 years and it was where we brought Allie home. However, I'm so glad that there is a new family that is going to enjoy that house now and it makes me feel a tiny bit better about our current situation.

A teeny, tiny, eensy, weensy bit. Because our house now looks pretty much like the before pictures of this house except we have furniture and boxes everywhere. The good news is that we have running water and a roof over our heads. We're sleeping on our own beds. The new house will look SOOOOO pretty and new when it's finished which is what I just have to keep in mind during this in between phase.

AND at the end of all this is a shining rainbow that God has so graciously blessed us with: a quick trip to So Cal in May (so Disneyland, of course) and a much longer trip to Maui in September. HALLELUJAH. I mean, seriously.... can I get an amen? Because it is absolutely by God's grace that I'm not ripping my hair out everyday or screaming in anger and frustration at Brian all the time.

I would share before pictures of this house, if they didn't make me cringe every time I looked at them. Maybe someday when things are looking better, I'll be brave enough to share the before pics with the internet world. For now, I'll just put my head down and get to work eat some cookie dough.

Popular Posts