Friday List

by Steph
  • Useless things I know: all the words to songs like Rodeo Clowns (Jack Johnson), Wild Wild West (Will Smith) and Prince Ali (from the movie Aladdin)
  • Things at work I dislike: the exploding pooper (and the bathroom that's 10 feet away from my desk), being subjected to fluorescent lighting all day and the people who email, then call to ask if I got the email and then say everything that was in the email, then say "I"ll just email you what we chatted about", then email and then call again to see if I got the second email. {Mr. Sales Rep, if you don't trust technology, then stop using it. For the sake of my sanity.}
  • Things I'll do this weekend: snuggle/cuddle with the hubs, a TKB class and procrastinate cleaning the bathroom {Any (current or ex) roommate of mine knows how much I dislike this. Gone are the days when I could trade like "I'll take out the trash if you clean the bathroom". Enter: the days of being a wife. We're still working on the part where I'm supposed to be joyful about it.}
  • Times my husband gave me a "look" when I showed him what I ordered from Forever 21: 7 (1 for each item) {Got a look and a laugh with the fedora - sweet guy that one}
  • Pounds I've lost since I started working out again: -2 {there may or may not be cookie dough involved}
  • Times I've looked at the clock hoping it's already 3pm: 4
  • Stacks of papers on my desk: 7
  • Blogs I've caught up on this morning: all
  • Story about last night: I was awakened at the ripe hour of 3 o'clock this morning by the sound of a cat screaming. This isn't the first time I've heard a cat yell. It sounds like a baby crying. My thought was "someone shut that baby up" which is probably concerning if there really is a baby crying outside our apartment at 3 in the morning. Just ask Kendi. She and I are not ready for babies yet. {She just posted about the crying cats yesterday and then like magic, they wake me up in the middle of the night today. We're like kindred spirits.} Also, right when the cats were in the throws of their yelling, someone was having a drag race on our street. I promise it sounded like there was a race track in our living room. My husband just started laughing at all the noise. He's good humored like that. Unlike me who had thoughts of pulling that shotgun out from under our bed and ridding our apartment complex of cats FOREVER and then being that lady who calls the cops complaining that some hooligans are making too much noise. {By the way, I really dislike cats. In fact, I'm not super attached to animals in general. I'm sorry I'm such a horrible human being but like J. Mac says... I don't have anything in common with them.}
  • Thank the Good Lord that it's Friday, right?

Popular Posts