General wonderings

by Steph

Sometimes I still hold on to the hope that my husband will decide that he does indeed like sushi after all. Oh raw fish, I miss you so.

It was 92 degrees in our apartment last night. We decided to go to the pool and yes, drum roll please.... I did wear my new J. Crew swimsuit. It felt... like I was wearing a one-piece swimsuit. I was just missing my big straw hat and towering espadrilles. So Katherine Hepburn in The Philadelphia Story.

Minus the swim cap. Because that is just one thing I'm not willing to bring back into style.

Yesterday, the scale told me that I had gained 2 pounds and lost 4% body fat. I have reason to suspect that it's lying to me considering Monday was the first time I went to the gym in 2 weeks and I was so out of shape I could barely kick and punch the air in my TKB class.

I leave in one week for Palm Springs (with a detour to Disneyland)! Whoo HOOOOO!!!!

People I'm excited to see (in no particular order): dearest darlingest momsie and popsicle, my sister-sister's, my cool bro-in-law (who's also an IT guy, but a nice, kind one), the lovely Ms. Stone, the Pena sisters, Johnny Mac, Steve Lawson, Rick Holland, CJ Mahaney, Al Mohler and Mickey, of course.

I love that this will be like a mini vacay.

To the hottest place in the entire world.

Okay, that's exaggerating but still...

Words with Friends is how I start my workday.

Also, blogging is how I start my workday.

Clearly, I get lots of real work done here.

It's Wednesday. Does it bother anyone else that people call it 'hump day'?

Popular Posts