It's Friday

by Steph

This weekend I will be:
  • working out. {I think I've milked the "I hiked 5 hours" for long enough.}
  • going to a funeral and a wedding shower.
  • doing normal wife-y stuff like cleaning, cooking and laundry.
  • getting spiritually fed on Sunday. {We haven't been to our church in the last 2 weeks because of being out of town so it'll be nice to get back to our family.}
  • maybe possibly squeezing a nap or 2 in there?
  • maybe possibly taking a trip to the Cheesecake Factory courtesy of my lovely sis and bro-in-law?
  • maybe possibly laying by the pool and soaking up some sun?
  • maybe possibly this is my wishful thinking list?
  • wishing the Barracuda Spam Filter would die so that I can get back to my social life on Monday.
  • wishing I was like one of those bold, brave people on Etsy who quit their day jobs to do something fun and interesting. {Too bad I don't know how to do anything fun and interesting. Unless someone wants to pay me to shop... for myself. I have about 20 years of experience and I know exactly what I like. Any takers? If so, please email asap. I guess I'm just one of those people who likes to know where my next paycheck is coming from. And yes, I had a security binkie when I was a baby, why do you ask?}
  • One time, my mom sold my favorite teddy bear in a garage sale. It had a windy thing on its back that when you turned it, it played twinkle twinkle little star. That was a tragic day... {I actually wasn't that attached to the bear, but I wanted to be one of those kids who had a thing that they've had since they were a baby. You know those kids... the ones that brag "I've had this blankie since I was a baby". I don't know why I thought that was so cool when I was a kid.}
  • One time, we were at Disneyland and my parents promised to buy me the Simba stuffed animal I wanted. "Wait", they said. "You won't want to carry it around all day", they said. So, at 10pm we were running all around Disneyland trying to find a store that was still open to buy my Simba.
  • Later that week, my sister ripped out his tail. My grandma sewed it back on but because she couldn't invert the whole thing, he forever had a hole under his tail. A butthole, if you will. {Yes, I've now had "butt" in 2 posts this week. You'll get over it, I'm sure.}
  • I don't remember ever retaliating against my sister. In fact, I'm not sure I even remember which sister it was. So you both better watch out... keep your stuffed animals safely stowed away from my vengeful hands.
  • I don't think this list is things I'm doing this weekend anymore. Evidently, I get easily sidetracked.
Check out Kendi's Better Off Wed for a cute little video that will make you laugh but also make you go huh?

And have a fabulous weekend! {I didn't really want to add an exclamation point, but if I just put a period, it makes it look like I don't really want you to have a fabulous weekend. It looks like "I could care less but I guess I have to wish you some kind of happiness". But now that exclamation point makes me look like a cheerleader. I suppose it's just a lose-lose-lose situation.}

Popular Posts