Yo-zeh-might

by Steph

{I remember someone pronouncing 'Yosemite' as 'yoze-might' once. And if I had seen that written as a 4th grader and no one had told me how to say it, I would've agreed that that would've been the proper pronunciation.}

Remember how once upon a time I told you that as a kid I used to plan my outfits the day before big events like trips to Disneyland?

Remember how I said I still do that?

Remember how I also said we're going to Yosemite to fight the bears?

Well if you don't remember then maybe you should read my blog more.

In the meantime, because I still plan outfits the day before big events, I've been planning an outfit for our hike on the Mist Trail at Yosemite.

Here are the requirements:
  • fashionable (of course)
  • able to get wet (supposedly the trail is named so because of the constant misting from the waterfall)
  • comfortable for 60 degree weather and 70% chance of rain (so if the mist doesn't get me wet, the water falling out of the sky will)
  • comfortable for outrunning bears
I'm going for Meredith Blake's look from the Parent Trap. You know, the remake with the cute and innocent Lindsay Lohan? Remember the horrible stepmother who's wearing an all black exercise outfit? Yes, that's my inspiration. Minus the crop top. And minus the horrible person.

Here's what I've come up with. I chose things that are similar to what I already have in my closet. Doesn't it just scream "THIS IS MY FIRST TIME ON A DIRT PATH WITH TREES"?


Aerie printed tank top, $20
Old Navy zip up hoody, $15
American Eagle Outfitters top, $30
Forever21 capri legging, $4.50
New Balance athletic shoes, $65
Puma logo tote bag, $28
Jersey scarve
Ray Ban wayfarer sunglass, $205

Popular Posts