Is it just me?

by Steph

Do you ever feel overwhelmed for no reason at all? I'm sure it's because I'm a woman and we have that whole emotional overload thing, but I feel like for 4 days, I've been on the verge of tears. I'll spare you the deets but Aunt Flo will be here soon so I can't be entirely sure, but that might have something to do with it.

Will someone please bring me chocolate? A hug? A piece of cheesecake? Notice that I've asked for 2 food items? Now do you believe that my scale is lying to me?

One thing about married life (actually about our relationship period) that I will say has been our biggest challenge is the decision making. At some point, we just have to take the plunge and make a choice.

Sometimes the decision is unpopular with one (or both) of us.

Sometimes we wish God would just shoot us an email with the right choice.

Sometimes I carry it around like a heavy weight because we haven't made the choice and I hate not knowing what will happen.

My husband has the gift of patience. I have the sin of impatience. See how that works? (Actually, how it doesn't work?)

Today is just one of those days. Those heavy burden days. Sorry to be all serious on you guys, but I do blog for me. This is my outlet for thoughts - sarcastic or serious. And hey, if you don't like it then hopefully that man holding the gun to your head forcing you to read it will.

"Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

"Cast your burden upon the LORD and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken." Psalm 55:22

And this particular one has been heavy on my heart for awhile - so often we make plans without God but every choice we make should be brought to the Lord in prayer before anything is decided:

"Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, and spend a year there and engage in business and make a profit.” Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away. Instead, you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and also do this or that.” But as it is, you boast in your arrogance; all such boasting is evil. Therefore, to one who knows the right thing to do and does not do it, to him it is sin." James 4:13-17

God is so good to me. What a privilege to have His Words to comfort me! What a blessing and encouragement to have a husband who trusts the Lord and is unwavering in my sea of emotions. Hmm. Almost sounds poetic. Which reminds me...

"but the wisdom from ABOVE is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering, without hypocrisy." James 3:17 (my emphasis added)

There should be another verse that says "but the emotions of a PMSing woman are sinful, violent, harsh, UNREASONABLE, full of strife and bitterness, without love."

The sad thing is, can I blame it on PMS when it seems to happen ALL THE TIME?

So.... is it just me?

Popular Posts