Some more PW love

by Steph

I think it's safe to assume that everytime I blog about a recipe I tried, it's going to be from the Pioneer Woman.

I've said it before and I'll say it again until you get annoyed and then some.

She knows her stuff.

We had some buns leftover from homemade {Handmade? What do you call it when you make the burger patty from scratch?} burgers last week (which were not courtesy of PW but still so delicious that my mouth waters just thinking about them right now).

Dilemma #1: Buns come in packs of 8 each. It's just me and my husband and contrary to popular opinion, I cannot eat 4 burgers in one sitting.

Dilemma #2: This past weekend we went to 3 different bbq's all featuring: hamburgers. The buns in our fridge needed to be eaten but my husband was a little burgered out.

PW to the rescue! (I should send her a cape that says "I make married people happy.")

On our way to the grocery store, I was browsing her recipes on my iPhone and came across Sloppy Joes.


"How about Sloppy Joes?" I asked my husband.

He made a face.

"The only one's I've ever had are straight from the can and taste like pure grease," he said.

"Yes, but these are Pioneer Woman's Sloppy Joes!" I protested.

"Oh. Okay, then. Let's try it."

See how that works? Apparently she's had enough successes in this household that my husband trusts her with his stomach, which might as well be his life.

So last night I whipped 'em up in about 20 minutes - I have a handy dandy chopper that does my onions for me so it was pretty easy from that point on. {Seriously, onion chopping alone can take me like 45 minutes because I'm a wimp and cannot wield a knife very well.}

His exact words were "Yeah, you should definitely make those again."

Later it was, "Those peppers are really tearing up my stomach but it was totally worth it, I don't even care."

It was yum-dilly-umptious, of course. I don't have to tell you that.

Ree, we love you in this house. Please keep making yummy things that make my husband happy.

This time tomorrow I will be at the Happiest Place on Earth. Don't be jelly.... I'm taking my laptop on this mini vacay in hopes that somewhere along the way, you'll get one or 2 posts from me.

And I still have a special post planned for tomorrow....

Popular Posts