Boring.

by Steph

I'm sorry you guys have to deal with my unoriginal post titles. I just don't usually know what I'm going to write about so my post titles are always something horribly boring. Like "It's Monday". (Thank you Captain Obvious)

Anyway, today I'm doing an outfit for Maui which (if you'll scroll down) includes a sweater. Now, I know what you guys are thinking. A sweater??? In paradise???

Hold your horses.

I couldn't find something similar to what I'm currently crocheting, so I had to pick this.

That's right, I said currently crocheting.

I've crocheted before, but nothing fancy. Only scarves and potholders. When we were at the State Fair, the Sacramento Knitting/Crocheting Guild was there. Picture 5-7 older women who were all sitting around knitting and crocheting. I was inspired.

To knit and crochet. Not get old.

But only because (rewind a few weeks ago) I saw this girl at the pool wearing an open neck short sleeved crocheted sweater as a swimsuit cover-up. It looked adorable. I coveted.

Since I don't shop anymore, I decided I'd try to make it. I found a pattern and this sweater shown below is similar to what I'm making, except mine will have short sleeves and look more holey (since it's to be worn over my swimsuit. )

I'll let you know how it turns out.


Untitled


Theory boat neck shirt, $170
Old navy shorts, $15
Forever21 braided sandals, $15
Forever21 studded bag, $27
Forever21 hoop earrings, $1.50
Dolce & Gabbana dolce gabbana sunglasses, $315
Fedora hat, $20

Popular Posts