A Friday list

by Steph

This weekend I will be...
  • GOING TO THE STATE FAIR!!!
  • I'm so excited. I keep breaking out into song "Our state fair is a great state fair, don't miss it, don't even be late!!!" which my husband LOVES. I've never been to one. Brian and his family have been going for years and when he found out last year (after it had ended) that I'd never been, he said he'd take me. Fast forward to a few nights ago, he was telling me that his family was going to the fair that night. I gasped. "YOU SAID YOU WOULD TAKE ME!!!!!" He started laughing. He does that often with me... He assured me that the fair was not over and that we could go this weekend when they're having the demolition derby show. *Phew... I will be eating fried foods, seeing lots of animals and weird people, and watching cars destroy each other. Whoo HOOOO!!!
  • A side note: years ago, Brian and his family actually raised animals to show at the state fair. Can you believe that? I mean, people actually raise chickens and geese and ducks to show off and try to win prizes. For fun. I wasn't sure what to think of that, but the more I find out, the more I think my husband might really be a hick... But its ok. I'll balance him out with my city ways.
  • Relaxin'? Probably not. FYI, I'm goin' to type out the rest of this here post like I'm a country gal. Gotta get geared up for that ol' fair. Ok maybe not. I can't mimic country drawls. Valley girl? Absolutely. Like totally. *smack gum*
  • Making more belt/headbands! I think I'm gonna crack out a few more of these since I already have all the supplies. You can check out my Etsy shop to see pictures of the prototype...
  • Date night with my husband. Please see KendiLea's Better Off Wed for our date night standards. I swear this girl has my life but in Texas. Her husband's name is also Brian but Bryan. And she pretty much has the same standards for date night: any meal that I don't have to cook/clean up = date night. Any time we leave the house for a meal = date night. Any time Brian has showered and I'm still wearing makeup = date night. Yes Kendi, there is another couple in the world with the same low standards as you.
  • Church on Sunday, more volleyball on Sunday night, back to work on Monday, 6 WEEKS LEFT UNTIL MAUI!!!

Popular Posts