Bedroom Ideas

by Steph

Remember that space above our bed in this picture?

Obvs right now it's blank. Here are the qualifications:
  • simple
  • easy to remove
  • won't fall on our heads in an earthquake and kill us
  • minimal nail holes
A photo collage is out (I thought I'd kill 2 project birds with that stone but the other bird got away). Here are the ideas I have so far.....

....none.

The only thing that keeps popping into my head is that Friends episode where Chandler wants to hang a sign above their bed that says "MERGE". "MERGE!" Over and over that's all I can hear in my brain.

I know you can't tell from the pic, but our bedroom walls are that normal off-white apartment color. The bed is a grayish stained wood and we have all black furniture. Idk if maybe a wall decal would work - I don't want to spend a ton of money so I might try to DIY something cheaper in that area. Other thoughts are just big pieces of artwork but it has to be something that I'd want to look at every night.

In other news, I finally got around to washing the shirt I made here and guess what... the burlap frayed anyway. I should've known. The fabric flowers survived so I guess I'll just have to get more creative for those leaves.

In other other news, my husband got home kind of late last night and instead of wasting our precious time together cooking, we decided to have Mexican fast food. We pulled up to Adalberto's (the BEST ever) and I happened to see a wood pallet leaning against their dumpster.

Side note: You know it's good Mexican fast food when a giant burrito costs $4 and they have "lengua" as a meat option. YUM.

Lightbulbs went on in my head. All those blogs I've seen with recycled pallet DIY projects flashed through my brain. Dollar signs appeared in my eyes like I was a cartoon.

"Hey look... a pallet." I casually mentioned...

My husband looked at me incredulously. "What are you going to do with it?"

"I don't know... something. It's free! And it looks good. And... umm... I can make something with it."

I actually didn't really have to convince him very much because I have a very artistic husband so if he has an opportunity to make something out of a pallet, he'll take it just because he's curious to see what gem we can come up with.

Of course I immediately went to Pinterest to get some inspirational ideas... Odds are since my husband is going out of town for work again tomorrow, this project will have to wait until the weekend considering I definitely can't be trusted with a saw all by my lonesome.






Popular Posts