Chicken Catch-a-tor-ree

by Steph

When I was little my mom used to make chicken cacciatore and I loved it. I knew how to make it the easy way and as I got older, I could get creative adding mushrooms or peppers and every time, it was an easy favorite.

When I saw that PW had a recipe for her version of chicken cacciatore, I thought I'd see how she made it and try it out.

From Pioneer Woman
First of all, I did not add Turmeric because a) I don't know what that is and b) I couldn't find it after staring at the spice aisle for 10 seconds and c) I'm on a budget - no room for fancy spices in our grocery list.

Secondly, I did indeed add wine and I was concerned that it would overpower but after cooking it in the oven, you can't even tell that its in there except for a teeny, tiny slight tanginess which adds the perfect amount of somethingness to this dish.

Other than that, I followed her recipe and it was phenomenal. Of course. Are you surprised?

Here's the one thing I didn't like: it was very difficult to eat the chicken off the bone. I don't think that you can use boneless chicken here so I suppose I'll just have to deal with that little problem.

I mean really, when I'm eating, I'm scarfing that meal down and I don't have time for pesky bones to be getting in the way. It's annoying that bone-in meat is so much juicier and different tasting than boneless. We live in the 21st century right? If they can figure out how to grow boneless chickens, they should be able to figure out how to get a little juiciness in there too.

Popular Posts